We’ve been designing and manufacturing multi-cavity plastic injection mould tools for over 30 years for the caps & closures, automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, packaging and aerospace industries, as well as numerous blue-chip clients.
The highest standards are at the forefront of what we do. Our valued team and their attention to detail has ensured our position at the top of our market sector for decades and now we require and cleaning and maintenance operative to support them in caring for our manufacturing facility.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Daily cleaning Rota, which currently includes extra and more regular tasks to protect against Covid-19
- Light maintenance duties from standard light bulb changing to minor carpentry activities & repairs
- Painting duties such as floors, walls and assembly desks are continuous throughout the year
- Assisting production with packing and unpacking of high-value components
- Facility incident first responder, such as spillages
- Cleaning and maintenance consumables replenishment and inventory control
- Waste management including oils and metals
- Regular fire alarm and equipment testing
- Regular machine coolant and level checks
- Outside cleaning and maintenance, including power washing and minor gardening care
- Metal cutting (band saw, not heat)
This is a non-exhaustive list and a flexible approach must be maintained at all times. All tools, PPE and training is provided where needed.
The following skills and attributes are essential:
- Capable of keeping up with the physicality of the job
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
- Good communication skills
- A conscientious approach with a mentality that means you do not walk past a piece of discarded trash or an opportunity to wipe a neglected but unobvious surface, or neutralize a potential hazard
- Flexibility in both the tasks set and hours where required e.g. staying a little later to finish a packing job for dispatch. On very limited occasions this could mean working a weekend which may be for painting floors with reduced foot traffic
- Excellent time keeping skills
- A quality focus with pride in your work. We build high-quality products and expect high standards for our facility, its cleanliness, and any maintenance or improvements you may undertake
We offer secure employment, free onsite parking and four weeks paid holiday (plus bank holidays). We are willing to pay for the right attitude and attention to detail.
The position is 39 hours per week: 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 to 15:00 Fridays
To apply please please do so via Indeed.com here: https://uk.indeed.com/job/cleaning-maintenance-operative-ec1b3c2d14b52ca7
Agency assistance not required at this time.