About the Company
Based in Totnes we’ve been designing and manufacturing multi-cavity plastic injection mould tools for over 35 years for the caps & closures, automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, packaging and aerospace industries, as well as numerous blue-chip clients. The highest standards are at the forefront of what we do. Our valued team and their attention to detail has ensured our position at the top of our market sector for decades.
About the Position
Due to ongoing investment, continued growth and increased demand for our product we’re now looking for experienced CNC machinists to join our team of skilled engineers.
We’re looking for individuals with experience in working to very close tolerances. A good understanding of engineering drawings and being able to work with metric drawings and equipment is desired. Experience with Siemens controls and/or Mazatrol would be advantageous, as would experience with 5 axis CNC machinery but this is not essential as training will be given. You’ll need to be motivated and a team player with the ability to work on your own initiative as well.
You will be working for a long established, stable company with a history of reinvestment in plant and training.
We are passionate about our staff development and you will have the opportunity to share your skills and experience with our trainees, helping the next generation of engineers on their journey.
39 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 8:00 – 16:30
Friday 8:00 – 15:30
Starting salary is £24-30k per annum DOE.
Regular overtime is available offering the potential to increase your earnings should this be of interest.
- Company pension
- Free onsite parking
- Work branded clothing, PPE etc. provided
- Overtime available throughout the year
20 days + 8 bank holidays
- Programming/Setting/Operating CNC machinery.
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Machining parts to bespoke drawings.
- Working to very tight tolerances.
Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
Skills & competencies:
- Experience in a similar role (E)
- Time served apprenticeship (D)
- Working knowledge of ISO (D)
- Experience of CNC machine programming (E)
- Fluency in English (E)
- UK driving license (D)
- Flexible approach to changing needs of the role (E)
- Proactive in achieving results (E)
- Active personal development (E)
- Eager and keen to learn, and responsive to feedback (E)
- Optimistic and supportive approach to working as part of a team (E)
- Good time management (E)
- Ability to work proactively and innovatively (E)
Interviews will be arranged by email on a rolling basis. This will involve an initial phone meeting followed by an invitation to meet in person.
No agency help at this time thank you.
Job Type: Full-time