About the Company
At Amtek we have been designing and manufacturing multi-cavity plastic injection mould tools for over 35 years for the caps & closures, automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, packaging and aerospace industries, as well as numerous blue-chip clients.
The highest standards are at the forefront of what we do. Our valued team and their attention to detail has ensured our position at the top of our market sector for decades.
About the Position
Due to ongoing investment, continued growth and increased demand for our product we’re now looking for a General Manager to join our skilled team.
This is a senior position of operational business and development management at the head of our current management team. Under a new structure you’ll be reporting directly to the Managing Director and Chairman, both of who’s daily operational inputs are reducing for strategy focused roles.
This is primarily a Monday to Friday position. Weekend and night time supervision work will be required on occasion. Travelling for customer and supplier relations and occasional events also forms part of the role.
- Management team leadership and support
- Manufacturing and moulding project quoting and sales
- Execution of business strategy and development plan
- Staff management, HR and wellbeing
- Client relationship and development management
- Ongoing systemisation development, innovation and policy creation
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Financial monitoring, budgeting and targeting with purchasing accountability and decision making in line with business strategy (inc. overtime management)
- Development and management of ongoing training and development strategies
- Business performance reporting
- Marketing coordination
- Communications management (internally & externally)
- Infrastructure and resource management (inc. energy)
- Operational and management systems development and control
- Encouraging continual improvements in all areas for performance and efficiency
*Many of the above tasks have consultant and/or subcontractor support and/or director leadership.
Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
Skills & competencies:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a great eye for detail (E)
- Strong communicator, in all forms (E)
- A good level of education and numeracy (E)
- Higher level qualification in business or manufacturing (D)
- People management qualifications (D)
- Advanced skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (E)
- Fluency in English (E)
- Ability to use operational software, or ability to learn (E)
- Ability to use social media for basic marketing and communications (D)
- UK driving license (E)
- Enthusiastic for continued personal and professional development (E)
- Proactive in achieving results (E)
- Excellent & adaptable communication skills to work with a variety of stakeholders (E)
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to gather the required information (E)
- Excellent decision making skills (E)
- Enthusiasm for continued development and utilisation of new technologies (E)
- Optimistic and supportive approach to working as part of a team (E)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to act with integrity and discretion (E)
- A leader from the front with exceptional work ethic and time management (E)
- The ability to both multi-task and focus on the task in hand as the environment requires at the time (E)
- In a similar role (D)
- Managing and leading people (E)
- Selling (E)
- Meeting targets (E)
- Working with ISO standards (D)
- Manufacturing (E)
- Experience in either: Plastic Injection moulding or Plastic injection mouldtool manufacture is strongly desired, but possibly not essential for the right person with previous experience in another form of manufacturing.
Interviews will be arranged by email on a rolling basis. This will involve an initial phone meeting followed by an invitation to meet in person.
Applications to email@example.com
No agency help at this time thank you.