About the Company
Based in Totnes we’ve been designing and manufacturing multi-cavity plastic injection mould tools for nearly 40 years, servicing the caps & closures, medical, pharmaceutical, packaging and aerospace industries, as well as numerous blue-chip clients.
About the Position
Due to our continuing growth and a strong order book we are looking for a Quality inspector to join our manufacturing team. You will be joining a stable company where you will have the opportunity to bring your experience to an open and receptive team where your input will be encouraged and valued.
39 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 8:00 – 16:30
Friday 8:00 – 15:30
Starting salary is £24-27k per annum DOE.
- Company pension
- Free onsite parking
- Work branded clothing, PPE etc. provided
- Overtime available throughout the year
20 days + 8 bank holidays
- Dimensionally and visually inspect components to detailed technical drawings.
- Produce detailed reports on measurement results.
- Actively participate in non-conforming product investigations and process breakdown.
- Perform first off, in process and final QA validation checks for the manufacturing team.
- Support non-conformance logging and quarantine of any suspect components.
- Support colleges in the use of equipment, methods and techniques.
Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
Skills & competencies:
- Experience in a similar role (E)
- Excellent organisational skills with a great eye for detail (E)
- Engineering experience (E)
- Competent with reading and understand technical drawings and specifications. (E)
- Competent in the use of CMM’s and other traditional inspection equipment (E)
- Knowledge of quality tools such as 8D’s, 5 Whys etc. (D)
- Experience in calibration methods and control. (D)
- Able to check and record information accurately. (E)
- Competent in Microsoft office especially excel. (E)
- Fluency in English (E)
- UK driving license (D)
- Excellent & adaptable communication skills to work with a variety of stakeholders (E)
- Flexible approach to changing needs of the role (E)
- Proactive in achieving results (E)
- Active personal development (E)
- Eager and keen to learn, and responsive to feedback (E)
- Optimistic and supportive approach to working as part of a team (E)
- Good time management (E)
- Ability to work flexibly and independently (E)
- Ability to work proactively and innovatively (E)
Interviews will be arranged by email on a rolling basis. This will involve an initial phone meeting followed by an invitation to meet in person.
No agency help at this time thank you.