About the Company
Based in Totnes we’ve been designing and manufacturing multi-cavity plastic injection mould tools for nearly 40 years, servicing the caps & closures, medical, pharmaceutical, packaging and aerospace industries, as well as numerous blue-chip clients.
About the Position
We are looking for a time served toolmaker, ideally with experience of manufacture/repair/refurb of injection mould tools.
You will be working with a team of multi skilled engineers to diagnose and solve problems. As well as machining and fitting parts to very high tolerances using a variety of manual and CNC machinery.
You will be working for a long established, stable company with a history of reinvestment in plant and training.
We are passionate about our staff development and you will have the opportunity to share your skills and experience with our trainees, helping the next generation of engineers on their journey.
39 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 8:00 – 16:30
Friday 8:00 – 15:30
Starting salary is £28-30k per annum DOE.
Regular overtime is available offering the potential to increase your earnings up to £42k.
- Company pension
- Free onsite parking
- Work branded clothing, PPE etc. provided
- Overtime available throughout the year
20-25 days + 8 bank holidays depending on package choice.
- Stripping and assembly of mould tooling.
- Machining parts to bespoke drawings.
- Working with a team of multi skilled engineers to diagnose and solve problems.
- Working to very tight tolerances.
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Surface and cylindrical grinding.
- Bench fitting.
Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
Skills & competencies:
- Experience in a similar role (E)
- Excellent organisational skills with a great eye for detail (E)
- Time served apprenticeship (D)
- Working knowledge of ISO (D)
- Experience of CNC machine programming (D)
- Fluency in English (E)
- UK driving license (D)
- Excellent & adaptable communication skills to work with a variety of stakeholders (E)
- Flexible approach to changing needs of the role (E)
- Proactive in achieving results (E)
- Active personal development (E)
- Eager and keen to learn, and responsive to feedback (E)
- Optimistic and supportive approach to working as part of a team (E)
- Good time management (E)
- Ability to work flexibly and independently (E)
- Ability to work proactively and innovatively (E)
Interviews will be arranged by email on a rolling basis. This will involve an initial phone meeting followed by an invitation to meet in person.
No agency help at this time thank you